Our Civil Engineering group is also involved in subdivision developments ranging from 10 to over 300 individual lots, providing a complete turnkey package of engineered roads, site services, and septic and wastewater options for both rural and urban developers. Strum can also provide development of plans, specifications, and tender documents as well as site supervision and construction management services.
Strum is currently involved in the design of roads, collection services, and site infrastructure on a number of renewable energy projects in Atlantic Canada, including wind and biomass energy projects. Recently, we announced key successes providing civil design roles associated with the Halifax Armoury, The Dartmouth Four Pad Arena, and the CFB Stadacona Drill Shed in Halifax.
Some of the key services that our Civil Engineering group offers includes:
- Residential subdivision development (serviced and unserviced)
- Roadways, highways, and street design
- Water mains, sanitary, and storm sewer piping
- ICI ( industrial/commercial/institutional) developments
- Water/wastewater design, regulatory approvals
- On-Site Sewage Disposal Design
- Wind Power – access road design, overhead conflicts, stormwater management installations, stream crossings
- BioMass Projects - biofuel project support for heat and power generation
- Power Interconnection Studies
- Commercial Site Design