Through the provincial RFP and ComFIT processes, Strum has been involved in a number of large and small wind energy developments in Nova Scotia. Strum conducted an Environmental Assessment at South Canoe Wind, a 100 MW wind project in Central Nova Scotia. This Project received environmental approval from Nova Scotia Environment in the summer of 2012 and is now moving towards the construction phase.
Strum’s responsibilities on the Project included:
- Project management and coordination for the completion of numerous study components.
- Completion of an effects assessment for the provincial environmental assessment registration document.
- Development of presentation materials for, and attendance, at public open houses.
- Development and management of the project website.
- Technical support at the Nova Scotia and Utility Review Board (NSUARB) hearings.
- Wetland Compensation, permitting, and approvals
Strum is also completing turn-key services at a number of other sites, including Environmental Assessments, topographic and legal surveys, and engineering design of roads and laydown areas.