Who We Are:
Strum Consulting is a 120-person consulting company with diverse projects throughout Atlantic Canada. Strum provides engineering, surveying and environmental services for a range of clients in the fields of Renewable Energy, Transportation, Contaminated Sites, and Commercial Developments.
Since 1995, Strum has provided a work environment that encourages career development while maintaining a work life balance in Atlantic Canada. We offer competitive pay, a dynamic work environment, and an excellent benefits package. Please see our website to learn more about the type of work we do www.strum.com.
Strum Consulting, is presently expanding our Civil Engineering Division and has an opening in our Antigonish office for an Intermediate Civil Engineer to join our team.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits package.
- Work on a wide range of large and small, interesting projects, including new and upcoming technologies.
- Interact with a diverse client base.
- Be part of a team where your input will be noticed and valued.
- Collaboration and room for professional development and career growth.
- Dynamic and flexible work arrangements (e.g., work from home and work from the office).
The position requires a highly motivated individual with both technical and communication skills, a positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, and strong organizational and communication skills. At Strum, we provide a professional, energetic team environment that promotes camaraderie, and collaboration which results in low staff turnover.
As an Intermediate Civil Engineer, you will support the Engineering Division by applying civil engineering, principles to: project engineering designs, drawings, and plans for commercial, industrial and public land development sites.
- Adhere to Strum’s health and safety program and ensure safety procedures and protocols are followed.
- Assist in the design and the preparation of engineering drawings, plans, reports, sketches and diagrams for a variety of projects such as;
- Residential subdivision with lands use/property issues
- Civil engineering design (water, wastewater and stormwater modelling)
- Commercial and/or institutional developments
- Any construction related projects
- Roadways, highways and street design/investigation
- Water mains, sanitary and storm sewer piping
- Assist in the development of engineering specifications and contracts documents.
- Assist in the preparation of as-builts reflecting alterations to original design.
- Prepare engineering drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Undertake site visits to review construction work and prepare construction review reports.
- Attend and participate in weekly internal project meetings with the Engineering Division and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of projects within the schedule.
- Support existing teams while demonstrating ability to work independently and as part of a larger close-knit team.
Attributes and skills:
- Professional Engineer, licensed or eligible for membership with Engineers Nova Scotia.
- 5 years of applicable experience.
- Consulting background is an asset.
- Willingness to learn and work as a member of a team comprised of surveyors, engineers, technicians, environmental scientists, and biologists.
- Strong attention to detail, motivation, and excellent communications skills.
- Possess professional demeanour and communicate with excellent verbal and written skills in English.