Strum is currently looking to expand our Survey division and has an opening in our Antigonish and Port Hawkesbury office for a Survey Field Technologist to join our team.
About Strum Consulting:
Strum Consulting is a growing 120-person company with diverse projects throughout Atlantic Canada. Strum provides engineering, surveying, and environmental services for a range of clients in the fields of renewable energy, transportation, contaminated sites, and property development.
Since 1995, Strum has provided a work environment that encourages career development while maintaining a work/life balance. We offer competitive pay, a dynamic work environment, and an excellent benefits package, and we currently have offices in Halifax, Antigonish, Guysborough and Port Hawkesbury, NS, as well as in Saint John, NB, St. John’s and Corner Brook, NL, and Labrador City, NL.
A day in your life at Strum:
- Working on a variety of survey and engineering related projects.
- Office work consisting of fieldwork preparation, data management and safety documentations.
- Fieldwork consisting of various survey applications such legal boundary recognisance, legal subdivisions, topographic and construction surveys.
- Operation of standard survey equipment such as GNSS and Total stations, both manual and robotic.
- A new day mean a different location and project.
- Monday to Friday work week, with a priority on work life balance.
- Working with a young, energetic, and forward-thinking team.
What you bring to Strum:
- A Certificate or Diploma in Survey/Geomatics Technology or Technologist Program (Or equivalent skills and experience).
- A strong and competent team player, with the willingness to continuously grow and learn.
- Experience using conventional Survey equipment.
- Efficient with computers and evolving technology.
- Strong organizational, communication and technical skills.
- Chainsaw experience (Strum will provide training certification)
- Valid Drivers License.
- Highly motivated self starter.
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of interesting projects throughout the province.
- Working with other divisions within Strum to grow.
- Interaction with a diverse client base.
- A team environment where your input will be noticed and valued.
- Collaboration and room for professional development and career growth.
- Dynamic and flexible work arrangements.
Compensation and Benefits package:
Salary will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
- Health, dental, life and disability insurance coverage
- GoodLife Corporate memberships
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) resources and tools
- RSP (Retirement Savings plan)
- Recreational Credit
- Paid Bereavement leave
- Access to premium discounts and perks through Perkopolis.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and inclusion:
Strum Consulting is committed to creating a culture of diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. Strum Consulting welcomes qualified candidates from all ethnicities, religions, colours, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age or people with disabilities. We encourage applicants from minority groups, women, racialized groups, Indigenous heritage and LGBTQIA+ community to self identify. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if any accommodations are required at any stage of the hiring process.
Health and Safety:
Strum Consulting prioritises the health and safety of its employees and it a core value in our culture. Compliance with Occupational Health and Safety and taking courses on WHIMS as well as First Aid and CPR is mandatory.