Strum is currently looking to expand our Surveying group and has an opening in our Antigonish office for a Survey Field Technician (Summer Student) to join our team.
About Strum Consulting:
Strum Consulting is a growing 120-person company with diverse projects throughout Atlantic Canada. Strum provides engineering, surveying, and environmental services for a range of clients in the fields of renewable energy, transportation, contaminated sites, and property development.
Since 1995, Strum has provided a work environment that encourages career development while maintaining a work/life balance. We offer competitive pay, a dynamic work environment, and an excellent benefits package, and we currently have offices in a number of locations.
A day in your life at Strum:
- Adhering to Strum’s safety program and ensuring safety procedures and protocols are followed.
- Working on a variety of survey and engineering related projects.
- Office work consisting of fieldwork preparation, data management and safety documentations.
- Fieldwork consisting of various survey applications such legal boundary recognizance, legal subdivisions, topographic and construction surveys.
- Operation of standard survey equipment such as GNSS and Total stations, both manual and robotic.
What you bring to Strum:
- Must be enrolled in or recently completed a post-secondary education program related to surveying.
- Must possess a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with, and proficiency in, the operation of survey equipment such as the Total Station/Data Collector, and various Global Positioning System (GPS) methods (considered an asset).
- Willingness to learn and work as a member of a team comprised of surveyors, engineers, technicians, environmental scientists, and biologists.
- Strong attention to detail, motivation, and excellent communications skills.
- Possess professional demeanor and communicate with excellent verbal and written skills in English.
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of interesting projects, including new and upcoming technologies.
- Interaction with a diverse client base.
- A team environment where your input will be noticed and valued.
- Collaboration and room for professional development and career growth.
- Dynamic and flexible work arrangements (e.g., work from home and work from the office).
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Strum Consulting is committed to creating a culture of diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. Strum Consulting welcomes qualified candidates from all ethnicities, religions, colours, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age or people with disabilities. We encourage applicants from minority groups, women, racialized groups, Indigenous heritage and LGBTQIA+ community to self identify. Please contact us at email@example.com if any accommodations are required at any stage of the hiring process.
Health and Safety:
Strum Consulting prioritises the health and safety of its employees and it a core value in our culture. Compliance with Occupational Health and Safety and taking courses on WHMIS as well as First Aid and CPR is mandatory.