Strum is currently looking to expand our IT group and has an opening in our Newfoundland office for an IT Manager to join our team.
About Strum Consulting:
Strum Consulting is a growing 120-person company with diverse projects throughout Atlantic Canada. Strum provides engineering, surveying, and environmental services for a range of clients in the fields of renewable energy, transportation, contaminated sites, and property development.
Since 1995, Strum has provided a work environment that encourages career development while maintaining a work/life balance. We offer competitive pay, a dynamic work environment, and an excellent benefits package, and we currently have offices in a number of locations.
A day in your life at Strum:
- Providing support to queries on programs used by different teams and provide or suggest solutions in a timely manner.
- Leading and managing a system to track and resolve issues.
- Using remote management software with the staff to resolve tickets.
- Supporting Windows 10/11 desktop operating systems
- Troubleshooting hardware devices such as desktops, printers, laptops, and other peripheral devices
- Imaging desktop computers and installing applications for new hardware.
- Diagnosing and resolving network issues (GTMPC TV connection, WAN/LAN, Wireless)
- Maintaining and replenishing inventory of all desktops, laptops/tablets, monitors, and cables/connectors
- Identifying and completing routine system updates, driver updates, software hotfixes, and program patches.
- Providing support for AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Microsoft Office, GoTo and other internal programs.
- Consolidating and managing software licenses.
- Identifying and removing malware and phishing.
- Running security training and identification campaigns.
- Creating and rolling out policy in regard to cybersecurity and data.
What you bring to Strum:
- 5 or more years of experience in the area of Information Technology.
- Certifications in CompTIA, MTA, (ETC) preferred.
- Post-secondary education in Information Technologies or equivalent (preferred).
- Experience in customer service/customer facing roles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and problem solve quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent organizational, managerial and leadership skills.
- Knowledge and experience working with ThreatLocker (threat policy creation) and R program.
- Availability to work after hours for maintenance and support.
- Availability to travel moderately, as needed, within Atlantic Canada.
- Availability to work in a hybrid office setting.
- Drivers License required.
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of interesting projects, including new and upcoming technologies.
- Interaction with a diverse client base.
- A team environment where your input will be noticed and valued.
- Collaboration and room for professional development and career growth.
- Dynamic and flexible work arrangements (e.g., work from home and work from the office).
Compensation and Benefits package:
Competitive Compensation Package depending on experience.
- Health, dental, life and disability insurance coverage
- GoodLife Corporate discount
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) resources and tools
- RSP (Retirement Savings plan)
- Recreational Credit
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Strum Consulting is committed to creating a culture of diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. Strum Consulting welcomes qualified candidates from all ethnicities, religions, colours, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age or people with disabilities. We encourage applicants from minority groups, women, racialized groups, Indigenous heritage and LGBTQIA+ community to self identify. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if any accommodations are required at any stage of the hiring process.
Health and Safety:
Strum Consulting prioritises the health and safety of its employees and it a core value in our culture. Compliance with Occupational Health and Safety and taking courses on WHMIS as well as First Aid and CPR is mandatory.
It is recommended that you mention any additional special projects or skills in the field of IT in your cover letter as well as any experience you may have working on the required responsibilities mentioned in the job description.
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the required criteria and have any additional knowledge or experience.