Who We Are:
Strum Consulting is a 100-person consulting company with diverse projects throughout Atlantic Canada. Strum provides surveying, engineering and environmental services for a range of clients in the fields of Renewable Energy, Transportation, Contaminated Sites, and Commercial Developments.
Since 1995, Strum has provided a work environment that encourages career development while maintaining a work life balance in Atlantic Canada. We offer competitive pay, a dynamic work environment, and an excellent benefits package.
Strum Consulting, is presently expanding our Environmental Sciences Division and has an opening in our new Corner Brook office for an Intermediate to Senior Environmental Scientist to join our team.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits package.
- Work on a wide range of large and small, interesting projects, including new and upcoming technologies.
- Interact with a diverse client base.
- Be part of a team where your input will be noticed and valued.
- Collaboration and room for professional development and career growth.
- Dynamic and flexible work arrangements (e.g., work from home and work from the office).
The position requires a highly motivated individual with both technical and communication skills, a positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, and strong organizational and communication skills. At Strum, we provide a professional, energetic team environment that promotes camaraderie, and collaboration which results in low staff turnover.
As an Intermediate/Senior Environmental Scientist, you will support our various field programs related to environmental assessments, wetland and watercourse assessments, wildlife assessments, and other programs. This work involves extensive work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. This work can be very physical and demanding, and applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to work for long periods of time in a variety of challenging environments, including forests, wetlands, coastal environments, and remote locations.
- Adhering to Strum’s safety program and ensuring safety procedures and protocols are followed.
- Coordination and supervision of environmental field programs related to environmental assessments, wetland and watercourse assessments, wildlife assessments, and other programs.
- Collection of accurate data in the field using various types of equipment.
- Collection of various types of field samples (water, soil, etc.)
- Compilation of clear, concise and accurate field notes.
- Data tabulation and analysis.
- Technical reporting for the above-noted projects.
- Ability to travel and work in varying and remote locations.
- Support existing field and reporting teams while demonstrating ability to work independently and as part of a larger close-knit team.
Attributes and skills:
- A Bachelor degree in Science or Environmental Studies, Environmental Technology Diploma and equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience.
- Must have a strong background in sciences.
- A Master of Science or MREM designation is an asset.
- Must be physically capable of performing demanding field work duties.
- Must possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working outside or with outdoor recreational activities.
- The successful candidate will need to use their own vehicle for work travel purposes, have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance, and be willing to travel to projects located throughout Atlantic Canada.
- Possess professional demeanour and communicate with excellent verbal and written skills in English.