Who We Are
Strum Consulting is a 120-person consulting company with diverse projects throughout Atlantic Canada. Strum provides surveying, engineering, and environmental services for a range of clients in the fields of Renewable Energy, Land Development, Transportation, Contaminated Sites, and Commercial Developments.
Since 1995, Strum has provided a work environment that encourages career development while maintaining a work life balance in Atlantic Canada. We offer competitive pay, a dynamic work environment, and an excellent benefits package.
Strum Consulting is presently expanding our Corporate Division and has an opening in our Halifax office for a Human Resources Assistant to join our team.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits package.
- A wide range of large and small, interesting projects, including new and upcoming technologies.
- Interaction with a diverse client base.
- A team where your input will be noticed and valued.
- Collaboration and room for professional development and career growth.
- Dynamic and flexible work arrangements (e.g., work from home and work from the office).
The position requires a highly motivated individual with both technical and communication skills, a positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, and strong organizational and communication skills. At Strum, we provide a professional, energetic team environment that promotes camaraderie, and collaboration which results in low staff turnover.
The Human Resources Assistant coordinates and provides senior level administrative support on HR functions and administrative tasks related to staff. This includes all human resources administrative tasks related to employee life cycle including but not limited to: recruitment, onboarding, promotion, leaves, terminations/layoff. This position’s primary focus will be on tasks and business process to recruitment.
- Oversees the full cycle recruitment strategy, selection, and onboarding process for new hires. This includes providing guidance and assistance on optimal staffing requirements to the Human Resources Manager to ensure positions are filled on a timely basis.
- Assists with our campus recruitment initiatives conducted at post-secondary institutes across Atlantic Canada.
- Ensures that all job descriptions are maintained and kept up to date.
- Assists with the development and implementation of strategic human resources strategies such as strategic staffing initiatives, change management initiatives, and workforce and succession planning.
- Assists strategies to enhance employee engagement, productivity, and promotes organizational culture including corporate events and long service awards.
- Assists with planning, coordinating and executing employee activities and events, including wellness events, Staff BBQ’s, lunch and learns, community services, etc.
- Coordinates time and attendance processes including hourly payroll, monitor vacation and sick leave.
- Assists with HR initiatives and organizational change and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Conducts research and remains current on human resource advancements.
- Ensures accurate files and documentation concerning employees from hiring to separation is carried out competently and in a timely manner.
- Adheres to Strum’s health and safety program and ensure safety procedures and protocols are followed.
Attributes and Skills
- Completion of a postsecondary diploma or degree in Human Resources or a related discipline preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a recruitment role. Experience supporting recruitment in multiple geographical locations is considered an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong networking skills with the ability to develop and maintain networks.
- Strong attention to detail, motivation, and excellent communications skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Possess professional demeanour and communicate with excellent verbal and written skills in English.