Engineering / Survey Office Technician
Strum Consulting is a leading edge environmental, survey and engineering design consulting firm with our head office based in Bedford, Nova Scotia. With a staff of 70, and offices across Atlantic Canada, we provide innovative solutions and problem solving to a range of commercial, industrial and government clients across Atlantic Canada.
Our Antigonish, Nova Scotia office is excited to be looking for an Engineering / Survey Technician to join our growing team.
Desired Skills & Experience
The requirements of this position are:
- A degree, technical diploma or equivalent training and experience
- Drafting skills using recent versions of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience working with Civil 3D preferred.
- Willingness to learn and work as a member of a team comprised of surveyors, engineers, technicians, environmental scientists, and biologists.
- Strong attention to detail, motivation, and excellent communications skills.
Technical capabilities for our areas of interest shall be:
- Willingness to work on a variety of survey and engineering related projects.
- Assist with the preparation of survey plans, sketches, engineering drawings including plan and profile drawings, concept plans, site grading plans, site servicing plans, etc.
- Prepare base plans using mapping information supplied by others.
- Maintain detailed notes regarding work.
- Attention to detail and proficiency in using software tools is a must.
- As requested, assist with field review of construction activities. Collect data, and prepare as-built drawings.
- Demonstrated project setup ability and familiarity with common industry protocols including National CAD standards is an asset.
What We Offer
- Excellent pay and a comprehensive benefits package including matching RSP plan
- Work on a wide range of large and small, interesting projects
- Benefit from a leading-edge customized project management system
- Be part of a team rather than just a number
The position requires a highly motivated individual with strong technical background in both civil drafting and surveying. If you are interested in joining our dynamic, fast paced Atlantic Canadian owned consulting company, working with an exciting team of professionals, and have energy and innovation to provide, please send your curriculum vitae to email@example.com. This competition will remain open until the position is filled.