Who We Are:
Strum Consulting is a 120-person consulting company with diverse projects throughout Atlantic Canada. Strum provides surveying, engineering and environmental services for a range of clients in the fields of Renewable Energy, Transportation, Contaminated Sites, and Commercial Developments.
Since 1995, Strum has provided a work environment that encourages career development while maintaining a work life balance in Atlantic Canada. We offer competitive pay, a dynamic work environment, and an excellent benefits package.
Strum Consulting, is presently expanding our Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Division and has an opening in our Halifax office for an Electrical Engineer in Training (EIT) to join our team.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits package.
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of large and small, interesting projects, including new and upcoming technologies.
- Interaction with a diverse client base.
- A team environment where your input will be noticed and valued.
- Collaboration and room for professional development and career growth.
- Dynamic and flexible work arrangements.
The position requires a highly motivated individual with both technical and communication skills, a positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, and strong organizational and communication skills. At Strum, we provide a professional, energetic team environment that promotes camaraderie, and collaboration which results in low staff turnover.
The position of an Electrical EIT will become an integral part of our electrical engineering team. Our projects include building systems for multi-unit residential, commercial and industrial buildings. You will work alongside our existing mechanical and electrical engineering team of engineers (EIT to Senior), designers and draftspeople.
- Electrical Design
- Layout, circuiting and riser diagrams for lighting, power, controls, communications, and life safety systems.
- Building Service and feeder sizing
- AutoCAD (MEP), Revit, Agi32, Excel
- Project Management
- Internal management of design projects (budgeting, scheduling, resource allocation, client communication)
- Attend design team meetings (project-based and internal)
- Prepare contracts documents, review RFIs and shop drawings
- Prepare building permit submissions, and coordinate approvals and inspections with utilities.
- Adhere to Strum’s health and safety program and ensure safety procedures and protocols are followed and improved as necessary.
Attributes and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- A strong academic record is an asset
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment to a high degree of detail.
- Eager to perform a wide range of technical project types and roles.
- Possess a professional demeanour and communicate with excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Demonstrate skills in Word and other current software used in data collection, compilation, and presentation.
- Able to plan timelines, manage one’s own schedule and meet deadlines.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
- A valid Nova Scotia Drivers License is preferred.
- Persons who belong to an employment equity group are encouraged to self identify.
- Persons who are of Indigenous heritage are encouraged to self identify.